love, ani xo

everything you ever wanted to know about uruguay. right here. right now.


akalemkerian@gmail.com


enter your email and subscribe to love, ani xo!


rss feed

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

punta del este - out jose ignacio - in

there's an article in the travel section of the globe and mail today about how the jet set are looking for the latest unheard of holiday spot. Barcelona, Uruguay and Ibiza are off the A-list. in the article they mention this:

"A couple of years ago I told Michael Roberts (of Vanity Fair) I was off to Uruguay", says Collins (a British interior designer), matter of factly. "he said, "punta del Este?" And I said "oh, my God, no. that place is so over. it's full of Urutrash. "Anyway, i told Michael I was actually going to see Jose Ignacio, a [rather glamorous] little fishing village along the coast."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home